ERA Chair Holder at the Biomedical Center, Faculty of Medicine in Pilsen
ERA Chair Holder at the Biomedical Center, Faculty of Medicine in Pilsen, Charles University, Czech Republic
The Faculty of Medicine in Pilsen, Charles University, Czech Republic, calls for applications for the position of ERA Chair to establish and lead the Laboratory of Translational Cancer Genomics at its Biomedical Center. The ERA Chair position is open within the project Chaperon, WIDESPREAD-04-2019.
We are looking for a candidate for the ERA Chair holder from EU or non-EU countries with the capability to compete at the level of ERC Advanced Grants or similar.
- Expertise in tumor biology or translational cancer research:
- Significant publications as main author / corresponding author / team leader in major international peer-reviewed multidisciplinary/respective field scientific journals
- Record of invited talks at well-established international conferences
- PhD (in physics, chemistry, biology or medicine) or equivalent
- Fluency in written and spoken English, excellent communication skills
- Fulfilling the conditions specified in the European Framework for Research Careers for Established researcher at the level of R3 or R4
- Active researcher with significant research achievements in the last 10 years in patient-oriented translational research in cancer genetics
- International track record of the achievements in tumor-biology-related publications
- Track record of innovative research with implications to the clinical sphere
- An exceptional leader with managerial skills, originality and significance of the research contributions
- Track record of national and international expert functions
- Proven record in securing research funding and experience in managing and leading research group
- Proven creative approach towards interdisciplinary research, leadership and mentoring skills, and the potential to cooperate with other research groups
JOB DESCRIPTION, ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Form and lead his/her own research team and establish the Laboratory of Translational Cancer Genomics, working on a full-time position at the Biomedical Center of the Faculty of Medicine in Pilsen, Charles University, Czech Republic
- Participate in the development of the scientific community throughout the whole Charles University, in particular by wide support of postdocs and PhD students
- Bring and transfer experience in competing for, coordinating and implementing international grants, thus contributing to increase the competitiveness of the institution
- Participate in the development of the institution’s scientific quality as a member of the Commission for scientific support of the Charles University
- Optimize the processes in the scientific career development strategy
- Coordinate cancer-oriented research teams of the Biomedical Center
- Full time position contract (54 months supported by the ERA Chairs grant)
- Attractive internationally competitive salary and remuneration package up to €110,000 per year
- Opportunity to establish a research team (up to 7 FTE) based on his/her scientific aims
- Autonomy and independence, coordination of cancer-oriented research at the Biomedical Center
- Full access to the research infrastructure of the Biomedical Center
Applications including detailed curriculum vitae, brief description of current research, accomplishments, representative publications, and the names of three references should be sent directly to the Project Coordinator on email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Charles University is committed to employment equality (esp. European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers) and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates fulfilling requirements specified in this announcement.
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 856620”.