V4-Japan Joint Research Projects
The aim of the Joint Call is to develop high quality research networking, to exchange existing knowledge and to pursue state-of-the-art science and technology through collaboration, towards realization of innovative and robust economies and societies in participating countries.
Each project consortium should consist of at least 3 partners: 1 from Japan and 2 from two different V4 countries. The partners should be affiliated with a research institute or a company.
Costs eligible for funding are:
1) Research materials, small-scale research equipment and consumables
2) Personnel costs/Salary or Stipend
3) Travel expenses: In principle, only travel to the counterpart countries participating in the joint project is eligible (see the relevant national/regional regulations for exceptions); costs should be reimbursed based on the rules of the institution to which the researchers belong.
4) Living expenses: Only expenses incurred in the countries participating in the joint project.
5) Expenses for the organization of small scientific events: Room rent, catering, printing of conference brochures, travel and accommodation of invited experts (that do not form part of the project consortium but are considered necessary for the success of the event) are eligible.
6) Overhead expenses.
Funding will be provided for the duration of 3 years. The funding of projects is expected to start in October 2021.
The level of funding for Czech participants involved in a V4 should not exceed the amount of 125.000 EUR per project for its whole duration (up to 3 years = 36 months).
The aid for the Czech participants (research organisations / SMEs / large enterprises) provided by the MEYS will not exceed the intensity as defined by the General Block Exemption Regulation (GBER):
• 100 % of the eligible costs for fundamental research;
• 50 % of the eligible costs for industrial research;
• 25 % of the eligible costs for experimental development
5. 3. 2021 Institutional application for project submission approval: (please send to email@example.com)
30. 3. 2021 Institutional check of the complete proposal: (please send to firstname.lastname@example.org)
9. 4. 2021 Proposal submission: (deadline of 10 am CET and 5 pm Japanese time) Project proposals are to be submitted electronically as PDF documents to the e-Rad submission system (https://www.e-rad.go.jp/)
Complete information on this call: