MINDFULNESS: eight week program for stress reducion, promoting mental and physical health
MINDFULNESS: eight week program for stress reducion, promoting mental and physical health at the Pilsen Medical School
The intensive eight-week MINDFULNESS course for students will take place during the summer semester 2021/22 on Thursdays 7 April - 28 May 2022 once a week. The programme will be delivered in a combined format, i.e. face-to-face and online (Zoom), see schedule below. Subject to capacity availability, the course is also open to employees of the Faculty of Medicine in Pilsen and Lochotín Hospital, or other interested parties. The course will be taught again by Jaroslav Chýle, an experienced MBSR and MBCT teacher with long experience (mbsr.cz). Price for LFP students 1200 CZK, for LFP and FN employees 2500 CZK, for others 5900 CZK.
BASIC INFORMATION ABOUT THE COURSE
The eight-week course is based on the proven Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) and Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) programs that the teacher has taught for many years. The structure of the course is evidence-based and based on the curriculum of medical training designed for stress reduction. Over 42 years, tens of thousands of people around the world have taken MBSR courses, and the results of long-term scientific research clearly confirm its effectiveness in promoting mental and physical health, as well as in preventing diseases that have "unhealthy" habits of mind as their etiology.
1. In person, 7 April,15:30-17:30
2. Zoom, 14 April, 15:30-17:30
3. Zoom, 21 April, 15:30-17:30
4. In person, 28 April, 15:30-17:30
5. Zoom, 5 May,15:30-17:30
6. Zoom, 12 May,15:30-17:30
7. In person, 19 May,15:30-19:30
8. In person, 26 May,15:30-17:30
Before the course it is necessary to attend an orientation session online (Zoom) on the following dates:
Thursday 24 March 2022, 15:30-16:30
Wednesday 30 March 2022, 19:30-20:30
Thursday 31 March 2022, 15:30-16:30
Please register for the orientation session here.
Jaroslav Chýle, qualified MBSR teacher with many years of experience. He focuses mainly on practice, mindfulness training and its research. He teaches MBSR the way it is taught where it originated, i.e. at the Center for Mindfulness at the University of Massachusetts Medical School, as the first lecturer in the country who has completed a complete MBSR training led directly by the authors of the program (Professors Jon Kabat-Zinn and Saki Santorelli). He also completed training in the Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) program at Oxford University's Centre for Mindfulness. Jaroslav is the founder and chairman of the board of the Center for Mindfulness, z.s. (mindful.cz), which is a professional organization of qualified MBSR trainers. He studied psychology at the Faculty of Arts and law at the Faculty of Law of Charles University.
WHO IS THE MINDFULNESS COURSE FOR?
- The program is primarily intended for anyone seeking peace in a frantic world.
- Anyone who is willing to take care of their mental and physical health
- Anyone with health problems, especially psychosomatic, chronic pain, fear, fatigue, general tension, depression, anxiety, high blood pressure, asthma, sleep, mood, eating, digestive disorders, etc.
- Anyone who is willing to pause in their life and take responsibility for their health
- Anyone who is prepared to follow and develop the principles of mindfulness through daily mental and physical exercises for eight weeks Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN IN THE COURSE?
- take care of yourself and your mental and physical health
- to better manage life's distress and dissatisfaction related to stress, negative emotions, pain and illness
- increase your resilience, well-being and balance
- nurture and develop interpersonal relationships
- be more friendly to yourself and others
- develop and strengthen physical and mental fitness
- increase the performance of your cognitive functions such as memory and attention
- improve the course of a range of psychosomatic illnesses, such as most commonly insomnia,
- muscle tension, frequent illness, etc.
- be a better parent and role model for your children
- to experience life satisfaction and gratitude for your life at every moment
- and perhaps much more... Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
HOW MUCH IS THE COURSE FEE AND WHAT IS INCLUDED?
The fee for students of the Charles University in Pilsen is exclusively 1200 CZK compared to the regular price of 5900 CZK.
The fee for teachers and graduates of LF UK in Pilsen is exclusively 2500 CZK.
The fee for employees of LF UK in Pilsen and FN Lochotín is exclusively CZK 2500 compared to the regular price of CZK 5900.
The fee includes the course, the manual and audio recordings.
In justified cases, a 50 or 100% discount may be granted (e.g. financial hardship).
The number of places is limited!
An orientation session is required prior to the course. Orientation lasts about 60 minutes and is free of charge.